Sabado, Hunyo 27, 2015

A packet of peace, I felt today, from Cebu to the world.

Chivalry is not dead.  Not in Cebu and even to non Cebuano women.



The 20A jeep Mandaue-Ayala I rode into this morning for Saturday duty was surprisingly full.


I always choose to sit right at the back of the driver's passenger seat so that I don’t get to move a lot and it gave me the space to tinker with my phone.
The Philippine jeepney, a common transport vehicle in almost all provinces.


The spot also gives me a chance to "people watch", a favorite hobby.
Suddenly I saw a Muslim woman with a little girl and some bags, slowly ushering her way...looking for a seat.

The women were already sitted like queens but from the looks of their eyes were also concerns as to where the Muslim woman will be seated.


       Just when I expect that no one would move, the men’s reactions surprised me.

        Most of them, if not all, and in a split second, pronounced giving up their seats for the woman. While some were holding the little girl and their bags since the jeep was already moving.
Editorial cartoon of The Freeman - Muslims pray with Catholics

In fact, the Muslim woman was already puzzled where to sit down. Eventually, she chooses to sit in front of me and so I took a picture. 

And so did my heart.

The Muslim woman with the little girl and the man in pink was the one who gave up his seat.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento